This was an excellent book to make me think deeply about living daily by grace.
I especially appreciated his five characteristics of grace-awakening ministers who free rather than bind:
1. Generosity with personal possessions (absence of selfishness)
2. Encouragement in unusual settings (absence of predictability)
3. Life beyond the letter of Scripture (absence of dogmatic Bible-bashing)
4. Liberty for creative expression (absence of expectations)
5. Release from past failures (absence of shame)
One of my favorite quotes was from Celeste Holm "We live by encouragement and we die without it; slowly, sadly, angrily."
|The Grace Awakening : Believing in Grace is One Thing. Living it is Another.|
|Charles R. Swindoll
W Publishing Group 2003-11-19